Shortcut keys for fl studio

 Shortcut keys for fl studio 


 Hello and welcome to my blog . I'm phenomenal singh sing and i  show you the number one thing You probably overlooked the number one shortcut that will change everything for you in FL Studio I didn't know this shortcut for years and years and years when I tell you this is game-changing. It's a game changing So here's what it is Simply using your alt button or on Mac.

 I believe it's called option somebody correct me in the comments below I'm not a super Mac user but the alt button will change everything you do in FL Studio So here's the piano roll. 


I have a melody I created Something real quick something light so what the alt button does is I used to Manually hit shift and left click to get the velocities If you don't see this window just left click the bottom little ellipses pull that up go to your controllers go to velocity no velocity Okay. So what I would do is let's say I played something by hand and it looks more it looked more like this And again, if you're new here, we've trained over 600,000 producers around the world So this is my goal to help you today and I wanna help more Producers around the world, so please hit that like what? So anyway, here's what it is. Let's say your velocities are all over the place Like if you're playing a - weights with your keyboard Now it sounds cool, but I wanted to restore the volume So I used to always hit shift and like I have to manually gauge it and just left-click and drag but there's a better way Finally you hit alt hold alt left click and drag and it will restore it back to its default velocity This is important because when I'm in different da w is like Ableton I don't know this exact way to reset the velocities and sometimes it'll be like way off and way different. So this way in FL You can restore your velocity now. That's not the only thing you can do with the alt button Let me turn this up a little bit Turn the volume up They can do more in this Soviet Alt you can also hit alt and left click and drag stuff to micro nudge it that way You don't have to do the snap to grid thing that I used to do like I used to go to snap to grid none And I would manually move it over then change it back. That was so tedious All you have to do is hit alt left click and just drag it around So, let's say you want that to kind of fling into the note Now has more bounce to it Okay, so let's even do another shortcut. Let's hit alt Q. We're literally gonna go through the keyboard I'm gonna find some shortcuts today that I probably didn't know Because during the test of this video I found some I didn't even know now I wouldn't get all these into your habit because in your workflow unless you really use them Just keep them in the back of your mind that these are possible. Anyway, alt Q is very important. This is a quantize feature I have my sensitivity all the way up my start time all the way up basically, it pulls the notes back to the grid those red lines that you see on the screen right now, so Everything will be locked in now with your melodies Sometimes they're too locked in So what you want to do is hit ctrl a hit alt and just left-click and drag stuff a little to the right Or you can do this with the sampler using the time offset. I'll show you how to do that in a second Just go to your plug-in Go to your wrench tool and use this time shift knob right here to just Micra it micro nudges everything a little to the right Okay So here's some other cool ones I found now before we get to the cool ones let's do the ones actually use So alt Q I use a lot. Okay. Now another one that like is Alt a now we want to find a note I'm going to change out the sound so you could hear this because this is more of a Flute style sound so let's go to a plucky sound Okay, we need a pluck sound so that it sounds like it's repeating so grab any note and this is what they did in the E or Shout out if you Love that beat like hit that like button if you love to eat your hit alt a and Then change your time multiplier and it will chop up the note in two different things. So this is great for your high hats I'm using it on the melody, but you can this is great for hi-hat rolls as well It's nice and quick so that you can draw in your hi-hat instead of excuse me Manually drawing your hi-hat rolls. You can just hit alt a and slice it up And you don't need any plugins And it sounds like a stutter effect So let's kind of get creative There hit alt a and just change that time multiple And now it has a character a very unique character, that's why I love that Fell's be on a roll Let's get into the next one. So alt R This allows this is for Morrigan for high hats or if you want to make something sound more humanized hit alt R and it randomizes The notes almost like you played it. So this is great for piano parts Like if you make a lot of chords and you want it to sound more humanized, you're gonna hit alt R Now the trick is to take it off the pattern mode. Okay, and just mess with the velocity a little bit you don't want it to sound too dramatically different because then it's going to sound computerized and you can kind of guess the Randomness, so take off the pattern mode leave levels on and turn on velocity Now these changes are so subtle It's not gonna trigger a difference unless you have a plugin that gives you like a lot of different options per velocity like a piano But just keep in mind that's how you add more humanization to your sound .


 So this is similar to Holding alt and left clicking and to restore the volume. You can grab all your notes and hit alt X and then it will Allow you to pull your volumes up now This is a little more tedious But just letting you know You have a little more free range when it comes to let's say you play your high hats really low and you want to pull Everything up at the same amount you can use this knob to pull stuff up or down at the same amount So that's kind of what I'm using it for and it keeps the relative positioning of those notes You can see it kind of gets more dynamic as you go up Well scuse me, let's hit alt and another great thing is alt click will reset stuff Okay, so just alt click and it will reset it back to its default Okay, we're gonna hit accept Now another one is good for like piano roll chords and melodies stuff. Okay. So hit Alt L So this is it's basically I call it the gap filler I know it's not the proper name, but here are my settings my multiplies all the way up So it extends the notes and fills in those gaps and I have zero gaps


 You can turn the gap up if you want again, you can make this more humanized I leave it on the default Now when you select only with selection, it's only going to extend the notes as compared to the notes that it's looking at It won't look at everything and that's important. Let's say you only want to extend this note or these notes I should say you can hit alt L without affecting the other notes and it will look when I hit only with selection the notes Will extend longer because it's only looking at those notes So this works this way it's  going to extend the notes until it hears another note So when you hit alt L. It extends a note until here's another note. So that's how that works So this is great for again filling in those piano gaps if you play chords and it's kind of hard Alright, 


so I'll tell is how you extend your notes to fill in those gaps. So that's great for piano let's move to the next shortcut here alt s this is great for Making your chords strum and great for guitar. So let's add in more notes and let's say this sounds too stale and unrealistic hit alt s Mess with your time strength. Okay, that will kind of drag the notes out So they strum again great for piano and great for piano chords great for guitar and piano chord This adds a human touch to it it also changes the velocity as well Again just clicking alt anything will pretty much pull up some cool stuff for you. Oh I just did something there alt n was it that I just play whatever I just did just muted everything. So let's not do that Didn't control Z either so that's a new one. But again just go around your keyboard hit alt to disappear start pressing buttons I'm sure you're gonna find something cool. 


Here's a new cool one. I just found alt W. It's called a claw machine And it adds this like swing to the sound So I would just mess with the knobs maybe just to spice up your melody a little bit I Love this hit like swing and MIDI form, but it sounds like swing to me That will add a little bit more bounce to your beat Let's hit alt left click and just drag stuff to the right Okay, and then hit alt and wide this is another one aw Why this is again if you want to experiment with your melodies hit alt wide to flip your oops to flip your notes Again, this is experimental. I would not suggest this but you're gonna outline and flip it vertically as well Sounds pretty dope So you never know what you'll find. It's kind of like the melody hacks.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts